Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I Appeal the Visitor Visa Refusal? 

sidi
sidi

Posted On: 5/2/2014
sidi
sidi
I am Canadian citizen now a days living and working in Pakistan.

I am the father of eight children,from them five(from my ex-wife) are living in Canada and Three and my second wife living in Pakistan.

My wife and one child seven years is not resident of Canada.

Due to my old age,sick mother presently unable to move Canada permanently with my family.

my wife applied visit visa to see our children in Canada, application of my wife (The wife and mother of Canadian citizens)turned down by the visa officer-Islamabad.

I have very good job with very good salary,submitted all supporting required documents including my job letters,very strong bank statements of my wife and mine in Pakistan/Canada,property documents in the name of my wife and invitation from our daughter.

We don't know which type of guarantee or assurance will satisfy visa officer,that visitor will leave Canada before the visa expiry date.

My question is
my wife and mother of Canadian citizen is not eligible to even visit her children in Canada?

Is there any platform where have to submit my gravenesses/appeal again the decision of visa officer.
link
sidi
sidi

Posted On: 5/8/2014
sidi
sidi
What is pro bono?

man
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 5/8/2014
MelM
MelM
"Pro bono" means for free. It's the term commonly used when lawyers offer their services to someone at no cost.

So what I am saying is that there is certainly nothing stopping you from contacting individual lawyers yourself to find out if any of them will take your case for free.

You would likely be much better off spending your time re-applying. I think the chances of finding a lawyer willing to take your case for free is very slim. I think the chances of winning your case in Federal Court are unfortunately even slimmer.
link
Progness
Progness

Posted On: 8/30/2016
Progness
Progness
MelM wrote:
"Pro bono" means for free. It's the term commonly used when lawyers offer their services to someone at no cost.

So what I am saying is that there is certainly nothing stopping you from contacting individual lawyers yourself to find out if any of them will take your case for free.

You would likely be much better off spending your time re-applying. I think the chances of finding a lawyer willing to take your case for free is very slim. I think the chances of winning your case in Federal Court are unfortunately even slimmer.

New word acquired! That's good to know from you Melm! this will be useful information for someone dealing with this kind of stuff.
link