Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

TRV & TRP - In the Same Package? 

zolalajos
zolalajos

Posted On: 5/28/2014
zolalajos
zolalajos
We are a family of 5 members: 4 permanent residents (father, mother and two boys - 8 and 6 years old) and one two year old child born outside of Canada who is not PR.

We're trying to get Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) for hims so that our complete family can move back to Canada.

We have applied for TRV and TRP for him at our regional visa office.

In the same application we applied for TRV and TRP (expecting that TRV is gonna be refused).

In the application we have included one set of supporting documents, proof of payment for TRV: 100 CAD$, and for TRP: 200 CAD$, and 2 cover letters (first for TRV, and the second for TRP if he is found inadmissible as we expected that to happen).

In cover letter for TRP we have stated - if he is found inadmissible for Temporary Resident Visa we asked them to consider him for granting Temporary Resident Permit on H&C grounds explaining our situation further in the rest of the letter.
Yesterday, we have received letter of refusal with the passport, letter of explanation and receipt for TRV. TRP was never mentioned anywhere - not in a explaining letter, nor on receipt.
My question is:
Does that mean he was not considered at all for TRP?
Did I make a mistake applying at the same time for TRV and TRP in the same application or should those two be in separate applications?
Should I now make another application for TRP on H&C grounds or everything is all over and lost?

Thanks,
NS
link
arashid92
arashid92

Posted On: 5/31/2014
arashid92
arashid92
So did they mention that your child is inadmissible in the decision letter ?? what was the reason given for refusal??

AR
link
zolalajos
zolalajos

Posted On: 6/1/2014
zolalajos
zolalajos
In their refusal letter they said that he does not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa. In the rest of the letter they said that he (applicant) didn't satisfied officer that he would leave Canada at the end of his stay as a temporary resident (we knew that's one of main concerns of visa officers so we applied for TRP immediately explaining our situation further). At the end of the letter they said: "You are an intending immigrant. One or both parents must sponsor you from Canada as a member of the family class."
As I said - we have addressed all this in our cover letter for TRP, but it was never mentioned that he was even considered for TRP, so I'm still asking is there anybody to clarify:
Did I make a mistake applying at the same time for TRV and TRP in the same application or should those two be in separate applications?
Should I now make another application for TRP on H&C grounds?
link