Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

What is the COPR? How to get It? 

basti
basti

Posted On: 6/15/2014
basti
basti
Hello Guys

May I know what is COPR? I already received mail that my PR visa was approved and told me that I need to submit my original passport to High Commission of Canada in Singapore. I already submitted my passport by means of VFS. But again what is COPR? How to obtain or get this??

Need help...
link
Klaus
Klaus

Klaus
Klaus
COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence.
You usually receive this document with the letter that your application for permanent residence has been approved.

Klaus
link
basti
basti

basti
basti
Hello Klaus
Thanks for the reply, but i haven't received yet any document named Confirmation of Permanent Residence. It just mentioned in the mail that my PR visa was approved and they requested me to submit my passport. Will this COPR document be together with my passport once they returned it to me?

COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence.
You usually receive this document with the letter that your application for permanent residence has been approved.

Klaus
link
Klaus
Klaus

Posted On: 6/16/2014
Klaus
Klaus
That is correct. After you apply: get next steps states:
If we approve your application, we will issue you a permanent resident visa. This visa includes your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your entry visa.

Your COPR will have information about who you are as well as your photograph. Please check to make sure it is correct. It should be the same as the information on your passport. If there is a mistake on your COPR, contact your visa office.

You must have your COPR and your visa with you when you arrive in Canada.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my first post. You only receive the CoPR with your passport if you actually need an immigration visa. Those who don't need an immigration visa receive the CoPR automatically.

Klaus
link