Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Unemployed - Am I eligible to Sponsor my Spouse? 

archerx
archerx

Posted On: 8/25/2014
archerx
archerx
I have an inquiry about the sponsorship of spouse

I live in Canada for three years as permanent resident. I am single and never married. I am planning to get married and she lives in Europe.

As far as I know that I am eligible to be a sponsor to her, However I am currently unemployed and receive financial assistance.

I know that I can not sponsor under this circumstances but if I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her.

I really appreciate if you can reply my inquiry.

AA
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 8/25/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

Yes, but you are going to have to demonstrate how you can support your spouse in Canada without any income.

PMM
link
archerx
archerx

Posted On: 8/30/2014
archerx
archerx
Thank you PMM

Regarding my question, Could you reply the following questions?

1-It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country? My parents are gonna sell a house and they are willing to help financially

2-Is there any certain time schedule to support my spouse until she is eligible to have PR.

3-My future spouse will also have some money in her bank account so is it also helpful to demonstrate that we are financially stable?

Thank you

A.A

Hi

Yes, but you are going to have to demonstrate how you can support your spouse in Canada without any income.

PMM

AA
link