Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Date of Expiry of PR 

Mr. ahmed
Mr. ahmed

Posted On: 8/25/2014
Mr. ahmed
Mr. ahmed
Dear

I have entered Canada in 25th June 2013. When i got my PR card, date of entry is mentioned correct, but expiry on card is 05 Sept 2018.

My question: the five year period ends when ? Is it five years from date of entry (25 June 2013) or by 05 sept 2018 ?

Thanks

Ahmed
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 8/25/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

1. 5 years from the date of entry.

PMM
link
Mr. ahmed
Mr. ahmed

Posted On: 8/27/2014
Mr. ahmed
Mr. ahmed
Sorry but the answer is not clear.

My understanding of law is i have to proof physical presence in Canada for 2 years in 5 years from the date of re entrance.

So in my case, and as per my understanding, if i enter Canada by 24th June 2015, and lived there permenantly then i should be satisfying the law ?

Next question: the five years period is counted from the date of entry ? Or date of card expiry?
Thanks

Ahmed
link
Klaus
Klaus

Posted On: 8/27/2014
Klaus
Klaus
Hi,

My understanding of law is i have to proof physical presence in Canada for 2 years in 5 years from the date of re entrance.

Similar. If it's been less than five years from landing, you need to be able to demonstrate that can accumulate 730 days in Canada in the first five years after landing. After that, every time you enter Canada, you need to have spent at east 730 days in Canada in the last five years. This is a rolling time period and has nothing to do with the validity of your PR card.

I hope this helps
Klaus
link