Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Why did the Officer Stamp Her Passport? 

user
user

Posted On: 9/9/2014
user
user
Hi,

Me and my family a PR since june 2013, we've done our landing and went back to our origin to settle things before the final move to Canada. When my wife entered this week, the immigration offers were asking her why you have been away for a year and where?!!.

Eventually, they stamped her passport and all my kids passports.

My concern is that why they did that, why did they stamp the passport although we are residents and we have the right to leave and stay as long we are within the 5 years period.

Please advise me.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 9/9/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

Me and my family a PR since june 2013, we've done our landing and went back to our origin to settle things before the final move to Canada. When my wife entered this week, the immigration offers were asking her why you have been away for a year and where?!!.

Eventually, they stamped her passport and all my kids passports.

My concern is that why they did that, why did they stamp the passport although we are residents and we have the right to leave and stay as long we are within the 5 years period.

Please advise me.

No, you have to stay for 2 years in every 5 year period so the officer documented you absence with the stamp,

PMM
link