Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Spouse Sponsorship and Immigration Loans 

ghafoori
ghafoori

Posted On: 10/7/2014
ghafoori
ghafoori
Hello,

I am asking questions on behalf my two sisters who are living in Canada as permanent residents, both married oversea and are on their way to sponsor their husbands and are both unemployed.

My smaller sister was 17 years old when she came to canada and her immigration loan was under my moms name. Now she is almost 19 and returned to Canada after getting married. By the law, you should pay all immigration fees and loans before you apply.

When I called Immigration loan, they said that the dont have any file for her because she was under her mom when the loan was received. She is also pregnant and unemployed.
So can she still apply to sponsor her husband when is unemployed due to her pregnancy and other health issues? Is the immigration loan she received when she was 17 going to effect on her sponsorship application?

The other one is also married. She paid a part of her immigration loan on monthly basis when she arrived and paid the rest of the loan almost two years after arriving in Canada (So yeh late payment). She is also unemployed, but is really trying very hard to find a job as she is not very good in English. Can she apply to sponsor her husband?

The lawyer asked them for $1500 each to help them apply and they want to make sure their application wont refuse so that they wont lose their money.

I myself am fully employed and have a high income and I am willing to help their husbands financially when they arrive in Canada in case they need.

I will highly appreciate your detailed answer.

Thanks,

S Ghafoori
link
alikibenson
alikibenson

Posted On: 10/10/2014
alikibenson
alikibenson
Don't go through a lawyer. Ask them to sponsor their husbands on their own.

The lawyer will just act as a postman and will unnecessary delay things.

Not sure if they are eligible or not to sponsor them , but at least they won't lose $ 1,500.
link