Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I Sponsor my Girlfriend and Newborn? 

athena143
athena143

Posted On: 12/15/2014
athena143
athena143
Hi,i am new here.

i would like to ask an advice,here is my story.my mom work in canada as a live in care giver class.

after she completed her 24months,she submitted our permanent residency application.and after 2yrs,my mom recieved her dependents application kit.and i'm 1 if her dependents,that time we submitted our application kit.also i have an on and off girlfriend,after a year i submitted my application here in manila candian embassy,we recieved a letter from immigration that i have to do my medical,and i did.to make the story short,my girlfriend got pregnant while my papers are still on process,and because my relationship with my girlfriend are on and off,so i only found out that she is pregnant when her tummy is already 5months,and on her 7months of pregnancy,my mom recieved her permanent residency in canada and then immigration requested to submit my passport for my visa.

And now my girlfriend just gave birth to our newborn baby girl..and anytime this month i will recieved my passport with my visa..my question is on my interview at the airport,should i tell the truth about my girlfriend and our child as we are not married yet and we are not a common law as well as she live with her dad together with our baby and i just go to them and visit,and i wanna know if it will affect to my permanent residency in canada.

can i sponsor my girlfriend and our baby in the future when i go back in philippines and marry her..

Annsasaki
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/16/2014
PMM
PMM
Hi

1. Your PR visa is no longer valid, as you have a child who has not been examined.
2. You must return the visa and explain the situation to CIC.
3. If you proceed and "land" you can not sponsor the child as she has not been examined.
4. You can't sponsor your girlfriend as you say you haven't lived together as c/law couple nor are you married.
5. The first thing you have to do is NOT "land"

PMM
link
Von
Von

Posted On: 2/21/2016
Von
Von

Hi same situation here..
Im new here too. I just came here 2015 of December. May i ask what did you do sir? Thanks alot
link