Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PR Status after Divorce 

EssamBialy
EssamBialy

Posted On: 12/30/2014
EssamBialy
EssamBialy
I'm a permanent resident card and married, but i live in my country now , i still have 4 yrs in PRC but my wife lives in Canada and she want divorce, am i able to enter canada after divorce ? and till when ? since my PRC expires 2019

Essam
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. As long as you meet the residency requirement of residing in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period you are still a PR. That is unless you were sponsored by your wife, and your PR has condition 51 on it. Condition 51 states that you have to reside with your spouse for the first 2 years of your PR basically.

PMM
link
EssamBialy
EssamBialy

EssamBialy
EssamBialy
PMM

I was sponsored by my wife, and yes it's says U have to resid with her in the 5 years 2 years. But we didn't . My pr was issued 2014 August. And now she wants divorce. So if we did . I will be able to enter canada after that ? As I'm out of canada now . And my PR expires 2019

Essam
link
EssamBialy
EssamBialy

EssamBialy
EssamBialy
Condition 51 says if we got divorced I'm no longer PR ? When I'm out side canada

Essam
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

PMM

I was sponsored by my wife, and yes it's says U have to resid with her in the 5 years 2 years. But we didn't . My pr was issued 2014 August. And now she wants divorce. So if we did . I will be able to enter canada after that ? As I'm out of canada now . And my PR expires 2019

Essam

1. As you have condition 51 on your PR , and you didn't reside with your spouse for the first 2 years after landing, you can expect CIC to takes steps to remove you from Canada.

PMM
link
EssamBialy
EssamBialy

EssamBialy
EssamBialy
And how do I know if I'm removed ?

And where I can see that I have condition 51 on my PR ?

And if I was there in canada and the divorce happen? What's gonna happen they will cancel my PR ? Even if I'm working

Essam
link