Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Questions About Post Landing - Toronto 

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002

Posted On: 1/9/2015
I have got immigrant visa and planning to land in Toronto in the near future. I have the following queries and would appreciate if you could answer them for me:

1) What happens exactly after post landing at Pearson International Airport in Toronto?

2) Does the post landing formalities happen 24 hours a day or Is there any specific time duration during which post landing formalities happen at the airport? What if a person arrives during evening or night time at the airport?

3) How much time does post landing formalities take?

link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/9/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

I have got immigrant visa and planning to land in Toronto in the near future. I have the following queries and would appreciate if you could answer them for me:

1) What happens exactly after post landing at Pearson International Airport in Toronto?

2) Does the post landing formalities happen 24 hours a day or Is there any specific time duration during which post landing formalities happen at the airport? What if a person arrives during evening or night time at the airport?

1. You tell Customs Primary examination that you are here to "land". They will refer you to Immigration secondary. Depend on what category you are "landing" in, you will need your passport, COPR, Proof of funds, and B4 & B4A Goods accompanying and Goods to follow. You will be asked if your family composition has changed, whether you have any criminal records. You will need a Canadian address for your PR card to be mailed to.
2. Immigration/Customs at International airports are open whenever an International flight arrives.
3. Depends on how many people are referred to Immigration. If it is a slow time, 20 minutes, if busy 2/3 hours.

PMM
link
manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002

Posted On: 1/11/2015
Thanks PMM for your reply. I have one more question:

1) Where can I find B4 and B4A Goods accompanying and goods to follow forms.

Hi

1. You tell Customs Primary examination that you are here to "land". They will refer you to Immigration secondary. Depend on what category you are "landing" in, you will need your passport, COPR, Proof of funds, and B4 & B4A Goods accompanying and Goods to follow. You will be asked if your family composition has changed, whether you have any criminal records. You will need a Canadian address for your PR card to be mailed to.
2. Immigration/Customs at International airports are open whenever an International flight arrives.
3. Depends on how many people are referred to Immigration. If it is a slow time, 20 minutes, if busy 2/3 hours.

PMM
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/12/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

You will find them here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/menu-eng.html

PMM
link