Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Temporary accommodation in Toronto 

manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002

Posted On: 1/11/2015
I am planning to land at Toronto Pearson International Airport as a permanent resident in the near future. Please let me know some cheap and best temporary accommodation options where I could stay after landing.

Are there any specific ones that most permanent residents choose for short stay after landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport?
link

Posted On: 1/12/2015
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

For information about finding temporary accommodation, you may find the articles
What kinds of short-term housing are available? and How can I find housing before I arrive? to be useful.

If you arrive at Lester B. Pearson International Airport in Toronto without a place to stay, you can look for the Immigrant Reception and Information Services (IRIS) kiosks in terminals 1 and 3. IRIS keeps a list of low-cost hotels and travellers' hostels in Toronto.

However, do not think only about cost. Make sure that the place you stay is clean, safe and conveniently located. Try to find a place that is close to public transportation or in the area where you would like to live.

We invite other users to share their experiences and recommendations on this topic.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

==
Julia
Settlement.Org Team
link
manishkhanna3002
manishkhanna3002

Posted On: 1/15/2015
Thanks Julia.
link