Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

How do we get PR for our newborn? 

ugandhi
ugandhi

Posted On: 1/13/2015
ugandhi
ugandhi
Hi,

Good Morning.

We have PR ( Myself , Wife and my daughter ) living in Dubai, UAE and originally from India.

We plan to settle permanently in Toronto or Peel region by this Jun and making my own arrangement to relocate.

Recently ( 3 months back ) we blessed with son and wanted to apply for PR in order to bring him along with us this Jun-15.

I gone thru the CIC website with lots of process involved in applying me and it says i need to apply as a sponsor and then i have to apply PR for my child. The processing time is about an average of 15 - 18 months depending upon the region i apply.

Hence looking for your advice to bring my new born child alongwith with me this Jun-15.

Please advice

Regards
G U
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/13/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

1. As a PR you have to be in Canada to sponsor.
2. You will have to apply for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) for the child, if you wish to take him to Canada and then submit the sponsorship application.
3. If the TRV is refused, then you can request a TR(Permit) or one of the parents will have to return to Canada and start the sponsorship.

PMM
link
ugandhi
ugandhi

Posted On: 6/18/2015
ugandhi
ugandhi
Hi,

Thanks for your information. Canadian Embassy in Abudhabi Granted TRV to my Son. I am preparing to return to canada prefrablly in ontario.

Please advice whether my son will have the eligibility to apply OHIP in Ontario.

Thanks
U GANDHI

link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 6/18/2015
MelM
MelM
He is not eligible for OHIP as a visitor to Canada. He will be become eligible for OHIP three months after he becomes a PR. You should purchase private insurance to cover any emergency health care costs while he is still in Canada as a visitor.
link
ugandhi
ugandhi

Posted On: 6/20/2015
ugandhi
ugandhi
Thanks a lot for your support.

I will source private insurance cover and apply

Thanks
U GANDHI
link