Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Renewal of PR in July 2015 

A_ali
A_ali

Posted On: 2/4/2015
A_ali
A_ali
Hi,

Need some information My PR is expiring in July 2015.

I firstly landed in May 2010 then left aftrt 40 days.

and re- entered again in 2012 Feb.

I was working in.middle east in 2011 then my mother dies so.Inhave to move my wifento pak to take care of my father while i was working in middle east on rotation basis i.e. 39 days work and 30 days off.in yhe mean time my father had a open heart surgeryband when all settlesnmenand my wife came to canada in feb 2012.

Here I also do the same job so uptill now i mean till Jan 2015 inhabe finished 600 days stay in canada .
My wife never travel since feb 2012 and i have my 2 kids born here.I know as per nature of my job i cant finish these days so i wiuld like to.apply for pr card can I do it now ?please advise

Shah
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 2/5/2015
MelM
MelM
You must wait until you have 730 days of residency in Canada in the last five years before you apply to renew your PR card. If you apply with only 600 days, your PR renewal will be refused.

If you end up losing your PR status because you don't meet the residency requirement, your wife could sponosor you for PR through family class.
link
A_ali
A_ali

A_ali
A_ali
Thanks for the reply what I wanted to calrify here even I have a house here my family is here still they will not renew my pr card?

Also if they cancel my PR then when my wife re-sponsor me how long does this take I mean application time frame.

please advise

Shah
link
MelM
MelM

MelM
MelM
Yes - even with a house and family in Canada you must still meet the 730 day residency requirement in order to renew your PR card.

How long it may take for your wife to sponsor you if you lose your PR status depends on where you are from (your home country). You can get an idea of processing times here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp
link
A_ali
A_ali

Posted On: 2/6/2015
A_ali
A_ali
Thanks very much for the prompt reply? Please advise i am from pakistan but I see srilanka has less timing than pakistan so can I send my application to srilanka or any other country where time is less than 33 months.

thanks in advance

Shah
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 2/6/2015
MelM
MelM
No - you cannot send your application to any country you wish. You can only pick your home country (country of your citizenship) or the country where you are living now (as long as you were admitted to that country for at least one year).
link