Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

Pregnancy - Questions about OHIP 

nehamanya
nehamanya

Posted On: 2/4/2015
nehamanya
nehamanya
I am 25 week pregnant and due delivery is may 29 2015.I am planning to finally move to ontario.

I am holding pr card and SIN as I visited Canada Dec 2013 but due to some urgent reason I returned back to India in 7 days.

How can I avail medical facilities all tests before delivery under insurance
is there any rules

This waiting period of 3 months will be shortened add I am expecting within 3 months period
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 2/5/2015
MelM
MelM
Since you have been outside of Canada for well over a year, you are no longer covered by OHIP. Once you return to Canada, you will have to live in Canada for three months before you will have OHIP coverage. You will be responsible for paying for any medical expenses, including doctor appointments and the birth of your child, that take place during this three month waiting period. If your child is due during the three month waiting period and you want to reduce the costs of delivery, I would recommend that you look into having a home birth with the assistance of a mid-wife (rather than having the baby in a hospital).
link