Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Can I renew my PR Card when not meeting residency? 

nancey
nancey

Posted On: 4/14/2015
nancey
nancey
I applied for the renewal of my PR card on H&C grounds(very sick mother back home) with 142 days short.
2 weeks after i sent the application, my online status showed in process. 5 weeks later no change in the status, i called the contact centre they told me that my application was sent to Hamilton for verification.
If you could kindly tell me:
1. How long could this verification take?
2. When can i expect my PR card?
3. Will they wave 70 days(as of this moment) off my residency obligation(R.O)

saira
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 4/14/2015
MelM
MelM
1 & 2) It could take a number of months for CIC to make a decision.
3) It's impossible for any of us to say if they will waive the days or not. It depends on the strength of the evidence you were able to provide. Note that it's 142 days they will have to waive (not 70). The number of residency days is locked in at the time your application is recieved. Residency days you accummulate after the application is submitted do not count towards the total.
link
A_ali
A_ali

Posted On: 5/31/2015
A_ali
A_ali
Hello Nancey Did you received any update from CIC I dont understand why they mention the wrong onformation on the website then if they want to take longer than inform people atleast it will take longer than usual .I have also applied and in ecas its showing your file received on the 27th march and processing started on the 6th May and in process so I was curious to know about your application I had 29th Days short.

Shah
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 5/31/2015
MelM
MelM
The processing times posted on the CIC web site are correct. These processing times are for standard applications (standard applications are applications where all of the required documents are included AND where the applicant meets the residency requirement). Since you didn't meet the residency requirement, your application is non-standard and won't follow normal processing times.
link

Posted On: 6/1/2015
Hi my name is Devi.I already apply Citizenship and accepted also but, i forget to apply book for read. so that how can i apply book

devi
link
A_ali
A_ali

Posted On: 6/2/2015
A_ali
A_ali
Dear meIM thanks for your reply yeah I understand that I have only 29 days short but I have filled sull supoported documents as my family permannet stays there in canada I have 2 kis born in Canada my bank accounts salary every thing goes in canada I paid tax what I earn while working overseas I had made translation for my passport stamps from the Approved translator then stamped by lawyer do you think will they take longer than usal time if long then how long I am just asking as you are senior member of this forum can you please advise.

Shah
link