Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Landing funds 

chanpreet.sidhu99
chanpreet.sidhu99

Posted On: 5/8/2015
Dear Team,

Greetings !!!

I need one help. I am going to land Canada on 17 May 2015. I have some concerns. I got PR for FSW2014.

1. I booked my ticket from India to Canada but i have stay in Montreal but i don't have letter to declare ( only 2 hour stay in Montreal). But my final destination is Vancouver. Is it OK or i have to change my ticket?

2. I have INR funds in my bank account and i can transfer funds to Canadian account through online also. So, bank statements will be accepted as a proof of funds?

3. My immigration will be over in Montreal (landing first) or Vancouver ( final destination)?

Your information will be highly appreciated.

Chanpreet
link
Klaus
Klaus

Klaus
Klaus
Hi Chanpreet,

1. you can land anywhere in Canada, but you'll have to immigrate at the port of entry. From my own experience I can tell you that you most likely won't make your flight to Vancouver.

2. As long as the funds are transferrable you shouldn't have any problems. Just print out a bank statement and make sure that it is not older than one week when you land in Montréal.

3. see 1, immigration takes place at the first airport in Canada. The reason is that the connecting flight from Montréal to Vancouver is a domestic flight, so when you get off the plane in Vancouver, you won't even see a CIC office.

I hope this helps
Klaus
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

Dear Team,

Greetings !!!

I need one help. I am going to land Canada on 17 May 2015. I have some concerns. I got PR for FSW2014.

1. I booked my ticket from India to Canada but i have stay in Montreal but i don't have letter to declare ( only 2 hour stay in Montreal). But my final destination is Vancouver. Is it OK or i have to change my ticket?

2. I have INR funds in my bank account and i can transfer funds to Canadian account through online also. So, bank statements will be accepted as a proof of funds?

3. My immigration will be over in Montreal (landing first) or Vancouver ( final destination)?

Your information will be highly appreciated.

Chanpreet

1. You may not have sufficient time in Montreal to "land" and get your connecting flight to Vancouver. It all depends on how busy it is. I would consider getting a later Montreal/Vancouver flight.
2. Yes, they should be acceptable, carry a recent copy of your bank statement.
3. You will "land" in Montreal.

PMM
link
chanpreet.sidhu99
chanpreet.sidhu99

Posted On: 5/10/2015
Thanks dear for your lovely suggessions !!

Chanpreet
link