Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Super Visa - Question 

Skiran
Skiran

Posted On: 6/27/2015
Skiran
Skiran
I want to apply super visa for my mother back in Pakistan. I am about to receive my PR.

At the momonet our family income is low, but my mom has enough money to support herself.

She can bear all expenditures involved. Can I apply for her super visa?

Before moving to Canada as FSW I applied twice for her visit visa but it was rejected on petty issues like purpose of visit and travel history.

Now I am in Canada. I have never lived without her, so I want her to be with me, nor can she live alone back in Pakistan?

What is the best thing to do to ensure her a super visa?

Please advise me.

Thanks

sobia
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 6/27/2015
MelM
MelM
You cannot apply for a super visa until you officially have PR. To qualify to sponsor your mother for a super visa, you must be making enough income to meet the Low Income Cut Off (LICO) level for super visas. If you are not making enough income to meet the minimum, then the only option at this time is for your mother to apply for a regular visitor visa.

To ensure she can get a super visa, you must be making enough money to meet LICO, your mother must pass the medical and your mother must also provide evidence that she has strong ties to her home country and has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. A super visa can still be refused for the same reasons as a regular visitor visa (e.g. purpose of visit and lack of travel).
link