Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Funds for Short Landing 

Navinhc
Navinhc

Posted On: 10/15/2015
Navinhc
Navinhc
I am planning for a short landing to Canada during 1st week of Nov 2015 and wanted to know do I need to carry the mandated amount of 21K CAD as we are 4 members ?

Since I would be going back in a week to my home country , is it mandatory to carry the whole amount ?

Navin
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 10/16/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

I am planning for a short landing to Canada during 1st week of Nov 2015 and wanted to know do I need to carry the mandated amount of 21K CAD as we are 4 members ?

Since I would be going back in a week to my home country , is it mandatory to carry the whole amount ?

Navin

1. Yes you have to show the full amount, although you can proof of funds from your bank which is usually sufficient.

PMM
link
Navinhc
Navinhc

Posted On: 10/17/2015
Navinhc
Navinhc
Thanks for your response.So if I carry 2000 CAD and remaining as bank certificate from the bank in India would that suffice ? Also , can I carry USD as well ?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 10/17/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Thanks for your response.So if I carry 2000 CAD and remaining as bank certificate from the bank in India would that suffice ? Also , can I carry USD as well ?

Yes, that is fine for both.

PMM
link