Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Travel & Return to Canada before PR card Expires 

vhan14
vhan14

Posted On: 10/17/2015
vhan14
vhan14
Hi,

I am a Permanent Resident since 2010 and my PRC will expire on December 2015. I have applied for a renewal of my PRC since July 2015. I checked the status of my renewal application but it seems like it is not on process yet.
I have to travel overseas from October 2015 and return by the end of November 2015.
I am aware of the Urgent Application Process that CIC offers but this is a sudden trip, so by the time I applied for renewal I did not have a plane ticket yet. I am also thinking that even if I go through this Urgent Application Process now, they might not have enough time to process it anymore since I will be leaving by the end of October which is in 2 weeks.

Is it possible to return to Canada without any problems since I will be back here in Canada before the expiration of my PRC?

I just want to make sure that I would not be in trouble.

Thank you so much.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 10/18/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I am a Permanent Resident since 2010 and my PRC will expire on December 2015. I have applied for a renewal of my PRC since July 2015. I checked the status of my renewal application but it seems like it is not on process yet.
I have to travel overseas from October 2015 and return by the end of November 2015.
I am aware of the Urgent Application Process that CIC offers but this is a sudden trip, so by the time I applied for renewal I did not have a plane ticket yet. I am also thinking that even if I go through this Urgent Application Process now, they might not have enough time to process it anymore since I will be leaving by the end of October which is in 2 weeks.

Is it possible to return to Canada without any problems since I will be back here in Canada before the expiration of my PRC?

I just want to make sure that I would not be in trouble.

Thank you so much.

1. Your PR card will still be valid, when you return, so you won't have a problem boarding a return flight to Canada.
2. As long as you have met the residency requirement, you won't have a problem to re-enter Canada.

PMM
link
vhan14
vhan14

Posted On: 10/23/2015
vhan14
vhan14
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it
link