Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsoring Spouse - Need to include Cdn. Child? 

ghafoori
ghafoori

Posted On: 1/8/2016
ghafoori
ghafoori
Hi

I have question if anyone can help.

My sis is currently filling an application to sponsor her husband. My sister is PR and she has a one year old daughter which was born and currently living in Canada with my sister.

She was wondering if her husband have to put the child in the additional dependants/declaration form or additional family information form ? They dont have any other child and the one year old was born in Canada.

Thank you,
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/9/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

I have question if anyone can help.

My sis is currently filling an application to sponsor her husband. My sister is PR and she has a one year old daughter which was born and currently living in Canada with my sister.

She was wondering if her husband have to put the child in the additional dependants/declaration form or additional family information form ? They dont have any other child and the one year old was born in Canada.

Thank you,

1. No, as Canadians/PRs are not included in the application. The child would only be listed on the IMM 5406, assuming her husband is the father. If he is not the father, then the child is not listed.

PMM
link