Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Need Advice regarding Undeclared Child 

angel26
angel26

Posted On: 1/29/2016
angel26
angel26
Hello,

I want to seek some advice regarding sponsoring an undeclared child.

My husband went to Canada as a PR on 2012.. He was single that time but we already have 2 children the time the application was processed. He did not declare me as his common-law partner as well as he did not declare our child as a dependent child.

Our child uses her father's surname. He came home in the Philippines last year and we got married in church. Now he is about to sponsor me as his spouse in famiy sponsorship.

Now our greatest dilemma is our child not being declared by him on his first application for PR. My question is, can I, as the principal applicant and being the mother of our child, able to declare her as a non-accompanying family member in my application or can I able declaire our kids as accompanying family member in my application?

Please do help me because we really want to settle in Canada as one family. It is difficult in my part, being a mother that they might be left behind here in the Philippines and if I declaire them as a accompanying family member we might not be able to go in canada. They are very bright kids and our first kid who is in grade 1 excels in the in school,, the might lose there self esteem in case I woudn't be able to be at there side in the most crucial stage of there development especially that our children is to young.

Please help me. Help us what is our best thing to do plesae.

Thanks.

Help plz.
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 1/29/2016
MelM
MelM
Since your partner failed to declare you in the application, neither you nor the child can be sponsored by your husband. If you want to come to Canada, you will have to qualify independently under an economic immigration stream and include the children as dependents.
link