Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR card not received for one family member 

Lenis
Lenis

Posted On: 2/18/2016
Lenis
Lenis
Our family of four landed in Canada Dec 2015. Three of us received our PR cards last week (8weeks post landing) but our son's card has not arrived.

We are abroad so I can't call CIC as the number seems not to work outside of Canada. I emailed CIC this week for follow up but I am not sure if they will even respond. What should we do? Just wait a couple of weeks more, or send them the IMM5451 form for Solemn Declaration for a lost/stolen/never received card?

Thanks!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/19/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

1. Wait a couple of weeks, the PR cards are usually mailed separately. If you don't receive it, there is a good chance that there is a problem with the photos. If there is, IRCC will contact you.

PMM
link
Lenis
Lenis

Posted On: 2/24/2016
Lenis
Lenis
Usually how long does it takes for IRCC to send communication in case there was a problem with issuing our son's PR card? It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since the rest of the family received our cards and still nothing for him.
link
ekbharani
ekbharani

Posted On: 1/3/2020
ekbharani
ekbharani
Hi All,

I am also in the same exact situation. Have received PR cards (by Aug 26 2019) for Myself, my spouse and the younger kid. The eldest one hasn't received it yet (been 4 months).

I have submitted a Webform for the enquiry today (www.canada.ca > Type IRCC webform in the search section and click on it > Select "Permanent Residency CArd" as your problem and fill in all required details. Make sure to give all the details regarding the UIC number and Application Number).

But am curious to know how your case went. Was there a response (Am sure that the response is only after 5-7 business days), but how helpful was that? Is there anything else that you did to receive the card? I hope you see this message and respond! :)
link