Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Eligiblity for Permanent Resident Travel Document 

sudipta_biswas007
sudipta_biswas007

Posted On: 3/1/2016
Hi,
I am Sudipta (Indian citizen) currently residing in Canada and waiting for my PR card(this a new PR card and I have completed my landing formalities) to arrive.

Due to some personal reason I need to visit India for 3 weeks. As of now I have stayed in Canada for almost 3.5 years in work permit. Today I came to know that as I am still waiting for my PR card, to re-enter Canada from India , I will require Permanent Resident Travel Document. It will be really helpful if you let me know the following?

• Am I eligible to get a Permanent Resident Travel Document?
• Normally what is the ETA to get the document( as I will stay in India only for 3 weeks, if the ETA is more , I might extend my stay).

Note: I do have a full time job in Canada and on returning back to Canada, I will continue working on the same job.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/2/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,
I am Sudipta (Indian citizen) currently residing in Canada and waiting for my PR card(this a new PR card and I have completed my landing formalities) to arrive.

Due to some personal reason I need to visit India for 3 weeks. As of now I have stayed in Canada for almost 3.5 years in work permit. Today I came to know that as I am still waiting for my PR card, to re-enter Canada from India , I will require Permanent Resident Travel Document. It will be really helpful if you let me know the following?

• Am I eligible to get a Permanent Resident Travel Document?
• Normally what is the ETA to get the document( as I will stay in India only for 3 weeks, if the ETA is more , I might extend my stay).

Note: I do have a full time job in Canada and on returning back to Canada, I will continue working on the same job.

1. Yes, you are eligible.
2. It takes about 10 days, if there no doubts that you are in compliance with your Residency obligations.

PMM
link