Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

COPR question 

VioletsBlue
VioletsBlue

Posted On: 3/19/2016
VioletsBlue
VioletsBlue
Hello, I'm new on this forum. I have a question regarding my copr document and 3 questions they ask. A bit of a background. I was out of status for a number of years when CBSA issued me an Exclusion order.... I I then applied for family sponsorship a D CBSA waited to see the outcome of the application. Fast forward....application was approved...and I landed few days ago! (Yay!!)...At the landing interview CIC officer returned my old passport that was seized by CBSA. She asked me 3 questions...one of which was "Have you ever been convicted of a Crime?" My answer was "No"... BUT when I got home I saw there was More to this question (that CIC lady never asked me)...rest of it was..."been refused entry or required to leave Canada?"...I got this Exclusion order but it was never enforced by CBSA...so I was never Required to actualy Leave the country....I am worried because my answer was No...Did I unknowingly Misrepresent myself? She Only asked me 1st part if the question! What should I do?? Should I call Vancouver office and talk to them about it?? So stresfull!!
link
VioletsBlue
VioletsBlue

Posted On: 3/20/2016
VioletsBlue
VioletsBlue
I guess what I'm asking is...Would this even be considered "misrepresentation" since I already told them about my Exclusion in the application ...seems highly unlikely.. But you never know
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/20/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

I guess what I'm asking is...Would this even be considered "misrepresentation" since I already told them about my Exclusion in the application ...seems highly unlikely.. But you never know

1. No, you are fine.

PMM
link
VioletsBlue
VioletsBlue

Posted On: 3/21/2016
VioletsBlue
VioletsBlue
Thank K you for your reply!! I was thinking that too..how could they possibly say it's misrepresentation when I told them.about it in my application and they knew about it from CBSA...its just me overthinking it...after maki g a mistake of being out of status I don't want to make ANY mistakes that could cost me long waited PR status :)

Hi

1. No, you are fine.

PMM
link