Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Can a FSW land in Montreal? 

magie
magie

Posted On: 3/31/2016
magie
magie
Dear peers,
I need your help!
I am a FSWer, as many of you are, and gonna land for the 1st time this April.
I bought a connecting flight, which means I will first land in Montreal and have a stay of 2h40m there and then fly to my final destination Toronto, where I will be staying for the rest of my journey.

Unfortunately right after flight booking, I got to know " If you first enter Canada at a port of entry in the Province of Quebec, you must have been accepted by Quebec and have a valid Quebec Certificate of Selection or be prepared to document your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec.¡± from the website of fsw2014.info.

So my questions would be :
1. Must I go through my first-landing procedure in Montreal?
2. Are there any risks that I get rejected at Montreal simply because I have nothing but a fight ticket to Toronto and an address of my friend where I am going to stay?
3. What are the other documents should I submit to prove my intention to reside in Toronto?
4. Is 2h40m enough for me to go through the entry procedure, get my luggage, do the security check and get on my flight to Toronto?
5. Who can I resort to if other problems arise?

Answers from you all will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/31/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

1. Yes you will "land" in Montreal, there are no risks as you have an onward ticket to Toronto.

PMM
link
Drasky
Drasky

Posted On: 4/1/2016
Drasky
Drasky
Hi Maggie,
Landing in Montreal in your case actually not 'landing' at all. It seems it's a transit. Here in Montreal airport nobody will ask you about your papers and other things. And you will land to board again in your Toronto bound plane. Do not get anxious. Hope for the best.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 4/1/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi Maggie,
Landing in Montreal in your case actually not 'landing' at all. It seems it's a transit. Here in Montreal airport nobody will ask you about your papers and other things. And you will land to board again in your Toronto bound plane. Do not get anxious. Hope for the best.

1. No, the International flight will clear at Montreal and the OP will process his/her landing there. The Montreal Toronto leg is a domestic flight and doesn't clear Immigration in Toronto.
2. You "land" at the first International Airport that you arrive in Canada at.

PMM
link
jaspreetkaur
jaspreetkaur

Posted On: 5/30/2016
jaspreetkaur
jaspreetkaur
where did you finally land? Did you complete your landing paper work in Montreal without any issues? Please reply back

My sister is in same confusion. I live in Halifax and she will be staying with me. She is FSWer too but planning to land in montreal as we have cousin sister staying in Montreal. I am also driving to montreal when she comes as plan was to roam around montreal and enjoy some summer festivals before she comes with us back in halifax.

But I have read in other forums, it is troublesome to land in Montreal as they may not allow her to complete her landing formalities there :|

magie wrote:
Dear peers,
I need your help!
I am a FSWer, as many of you are, and gonna land for the 1st time this April.
I bought a connecting flight, which means I will first land in Montreal and have a stay of 2h40m there and then fly to my final destination Toronto, where I will be staying for the rest of my journey.

Unfortunately right after flight booking, I got to know " If you first enter Canada at a port of entry in the Province of Quebec, you must have been accepted by Quebec and have a valid Quebec Certificate of Selection or be prepared to document your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec.¡± from the website of fsw2014.info.

So my questions would be :
1. Must I go through my first-landing procedure in Montreal?
2. Are there any risks that I get rejected at Montreal simply because I have nothing but a fight ticket to Toronto and an address of my friend where I am going to stay?
3. What are the other documents should I submit to prove my intention to reside in Toronto?
4. Is 2h40m enough for me to go through the entry procedure, get my luggage, do the security check and get on my flight to Toronto?
5. Who can I resort to if other problems arise?

Answers from you all will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you
link