Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card Status -- Have not Received Yet 

saurabhjsshukla
saurabhjsshukla

Posted On: 7/12/2016
saurabhjsshukla
saurabhjsshukla
Hello,

Me and my wife landed in Canada on 28th April 2016 and after waiting for almost 2 months I called CIC on 7th July to know the status of my and my spouse PR card, they said that it has been dispatched on 27th June, but till date i dint received it.

Can anyone let me know how PR card is mailed (Is it Canada Post) , how can i track it ( any tracking number if i can ask from CIC) and when can i except the delivery ( How many days does mailing company take to deliver the PR card).

Thanks
link
AQH
AQH

Posted On: 7/13/2016
AQH
AQH
Greetings,

I have checked from help line and they informed us that PRC is sent through ordinary mail and thus there is no tracking number. We are also awaiting our PRCs which were sent on 28th June 2016.

Please share information with us when you receive your PRC.
link
saurabhjsshukla
saurabhjsshukla

Posted On: 7/14/2016
saurabhjsshukla
saurabhjsshukla
Sure will let you know and you too keep me posted.

Can i know where are you staying in Canada?
link
AQH
AQH

Posted On: 7/14/2016
AQH
AQH
saurabhjsshukla wrote:
Sure will let you know and you too keep me posted.

Can i know where are you staying in Canada?

I AM IN CALGARY.
link
AQH
AQH

Posted On: 7/15/2016
AQH
AQH
The PRC for myself and wife has been received today afternoon.
link
Krishna
Krishna

Posted On: 7/18/2016
Krishna
Krishna
Dear Saurabh?,
Greetings from Krishamachary can you tell me if the days mentioned in the processin g time are working days or running days, can u give me the number of CIC i wish to call them too i landed on 21st may and till date did not receive the card
link
AQH
AQH

Posted On: 7/18/2016
AQH
AQH
The number of days mentioned on CIC are calendar days and then one must add 5-10 working days for mail.
link
Krishna
Krishna

Posted On: 7/19/2016
Krishna
Krishna
AQH wrote:
The number of days mentioned on CIC are calendar days and then one must add 5-10 working days for mail.

Dear AQH,

Good Morning to you, thanks for the clarification on the processing time days, is there a way you can find out if my PR card and my wife's has been posted.
Do you want me to provide you my information or you can get the information just with my name , landed at Vancouver on 21st May 2016
link
AQH
AQH

Posted On: 7/19/2016
AQH
AQH
Dear Krishna,

The help line number of CIC is 1-888-242-2100. You have to call personally . They will ask you some personal questions and will let you know status of your PRC. According to number of days presently given on website 54 days is processing time plus about two weeks for mailing time. Total 78 days.

PLEASE CALL THEM PERSONALLY.
link
Krishna
Krishna

Posted On: 7/20/2016
Krishna
Krishna
AQH wrote:
Dear Krishna,

The help line number of CIC is 1-888-242-2100. You have to call personally . They will ask you some personal questions and will let you know status of your PRC. According to number of days presently given on website 54 days is processing time plus about two weeks for mailing time. Total 78 days.

PLEASE CALL THEM PERSONALLY.

Thanks, today we received the PR Cards
Appreciate all the help.

with best wishes
Krishna
link