Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsorship and get PR card for my newborn son 

RezaSAFA
RezaSAFA

Posted On: 9/15/2016
RezaSAFA
RezaSAFA
Hello everybody,
I am Reza. we have got our PR card (me, my wife and my first child) lest year. Afterwards we left Canada and comeback to Iran for unfinished business. In Iran my 2nd child (my son) was born. I wanted to apply permanent residency for him through sponsorship. However in the application form it is mentioned that I am not eligible for sponsorship application since I am outside of Canada. Does anybody has got same issue to advice me what to do? Our planning is to move permanently to Canada middle of next year, that is why I want to begin the procedure of PR card for me son now.
thanks for your kind advice.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 9/15/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

RezaSAFA wrote:
Hello everybody,
I am Reza. we have got our PR card (me, my wife and my first child) lest year. Afterwards we left Canada and comeback to Iran for unfinished business. In Iran my 2nd child (my son) was born. I wanted to apply permanent residency for him through sponsorship. However in the application form it is mentioned that I am not eligible for sponsorship application since I am outside of Canada. Does anybody has got same issue to advice me what to do? Our planning is to move permanently to Canada middle of next year, that is why I want to begin the procedure of PR card for me son now.
thanks for your kind advice.

1. As PRs to sponsor, one of you has to be residing in Canada.
2. You can apply for a TRV for the child and if that is refused, then you can apply for a TRP (Temporary Resident Permit), either would allow you to travel to Canada, with the child and then commence and overseas sponsorship (Which would probably be processed in Ottawa)
3. if you don't get a TRV or TRP, then one of the parents is going to have to return to Canada.
link