Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Entering canada 

Hass8219
Hass8219

Posted On: 10/20/2017
Hass8219
Hass8219
Sir
I wana ask about my situation, i landed in august 2014 and get my pr in september and i left canada , my pr comes to end in 2019 september, and im planing to enter canada in february 2018 for good, i lived in montreal for almost one month only in 2014 , can i enter or the officer will refuse my entry to canada due to 730 days rule, please help and advise .
Best regards
Hass
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 10/21/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hass8219 wrote:
Sir
I wana ask about my situation, i landed in august 2014 and get my pr in september and i left canada , my pr comes to end in 2019 september, and im planing to enter canada in february 2018 for good, i lived in montreal for almost one month only in 2014 , can i enter or the officer will refuse my entry to canada due to 730 days rule, please help and advise .
Best regards
Hass

1. It appears that you will not have 2 years residency in Canada when you return to Canada in February. So there is a possibility that you will be reported on entry for not meeting your Residency Obligations. If you are reported, then you will be admitted to Canada, but a removal order will be issued. You then have 30 days to appeal the decision. If you lose at the appeal, you must leave Canada.
link