Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

First Interview Questions (length and $$$) 

proudcanuck
proudcanuck

Posted On: 10/21/2017
proudcanuck
proudcanuck
Dear Board,

Thanks for helping me out here - my wife has just received her CoPR, and I am a Canadian Citizen. We've found some information on the interview questions they ask when you arrive and i have a few questions:

1) Proof of Funds - how much funding is required? Some websites say you need to bring loads of documents over (like average balance from 6 months of bank statements) and some don't - can someone clarify?

2) Length - we are only spending 5 days there to see family and then return until we come back to Canada in 2018 (we didn't plan on getting the PR so quickly). Is this going to be okay?

Thank you!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 10/22/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

proudcanuck wrote:
Dear Board,

Thanks for helping me out here - my wife has just received her CoPR, and I am a Canadian Citizen. We've found some information on the interview questions they ask when you arrive and i have a few questions:

1) Proof of Funds - how much funding is required? Some websites say you need to bring loads of documents over (like average balance from 6 months of bank statements) and some don't - can someone clarify?

2) Length - we are only spending 5 days there to see family and then return until we come back to Canada in 2018 (we didn't plan on getting the PR so quickly). Is this going to be okay?

Thank you!

1. Sounds as if you were sponsoring her, so no proof of funds required.
2. Yes, it is fine, but you will need a Canadian address for her PR card to be sent to .
link
proudcanuck
proudcanuck

Posted On: 10/23/2017
proudcanuck
proudcanuck
Thanks PMM,

I am sponsoring her - so no proof of funds are necessary? I will have an address for the PR card to be sent to.

My next question then is:

how do you screw up the interview?

What are any common mistakes, if any?

PMM wrote:
Hi

proudcanuck wrote:
Dear Board,

Thank you!

2. Yes, it is fine, but you will need a Canadian address for her PR card to be sent to .
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 10/24/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

proudcanuck wrote:
Thanks PMM,

I am sponsoring her - so no proof of funds are necessary? I will have an address for the PR card to be sent to.

My next question then is:

how do you screw up the interview?

What are any common mistakes, if any?

PMM wrote:
Hi

proudcanuck wrote:
Dear Board,

Thank you!

1. You have an undeclared child, you have a criminal record, no intention of living with sponsor, are about the only way to "screw up" the landing interview.
link