Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Permanent Resident Card 

Kambrar
Kambrar

Posted On: 10/26/2017
Kambrar
Kambrar
Hi everyone
I haven’t got my permanent resident card yet.

As I applied on aug 22 2017 and I called CIC people and they said they have already mailed on oct 9 2017 on wrong address,

Anyways I went to those people who lives there in these days and they said they haven’t received it yet and its been more than 13 days and they told me to wait until 20 Nov if will not receive by that time I need to send declaration form to make new one.

But the problem is I have already booked my return flight to go to India on Nov 5 2017 to Dec 12 2017.

I have a workpermit which is until feb 2018 does anybody know that can I travel on tht workpermit or not.

Or it should be only travel document of permanent residence.

I dont know that I can still use tht workpermit or not As I got permanent residence confirmation
link
valencio_y2k
valencio_y2k

Posted On: 10/30/2017
valencio_y2k
valencio_y2k
I believe that you would need a valid resident visa or PR card to return to Canada. When you applied for the work permit, were you also issued a multiple entry visitor visa? If this is valid until Feb 2018 (just like your current work permit is) then you should be able to re-enter Canada. If not, then you have two options:
a) Apply for the PRTD (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp) and inform CIC that you need urgent processing.
b) Apply for a resident visa using your current work permit (this would take about 2-3 weeks).

Unfortunately, Work permits or CoPR letter is not considered as a travel document.

Good luck
link