Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

TRV vs TRP 

aquilamarie
aquilamarie

Posted On: 1/21/2018
aquilamarie
aquilamarie
Hi, my boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 3 years. He is in the Philippines. We were planning for him to apply for a TRV to come here but we were also hoping that may be he could stay here and apply for work permit but it says on the CIC website that TRV holders can’t apply for work permit from inside Canada. Is that right? Or am I just reading it wrongly?

Also, what exactly is a TRP? Can he apply for this instead of the TRV?

Thanks
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/22/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

aquilamarie wrote:
Hi, my boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 3 years. He is in the Philippines. We were planning for him to apply for a TRV to come here but we were also hoping that may be he could stay here and apply for work permit but it says on the CIC website that TRV holders can’t apply for work permit from inside Canada. Is that right? Or am I just reading it wrongly?

Also, what exactly is a TRP? Can he apply for this instead of the TRV?

Thanks

1. TRP are only issued to persons who are inadmissible to Canada. He can't apply for one.
2. TRV holders can't apply in Canada for a work permit. If they can obtain a LMIA from an employer (job has to be advertised for 30 days and the employer has to pay $1000 and prove no Canadians/PRs are qualified for the position). Then the TRV holder can apply to an overseas office for a work permit. Note if the boyfriend is admitted to Canada, he could apply to either LA or New York.
link
Leon7
Leon7

Posted On: 5/17/2018
Leon7
Leon7
Hello PMM,

Please advice what documents I need to invite my older brother to visit Ontario, Canada?

Thank you.
link