Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PR Working Overseas CDN School -Notify IRCC? 

Posts: 503

Posted On: 12 days ago
Posts: 503

I would like to know if I need to complete any forms or notify Citizenship & Immigration Canada regarding my overseas teaching contract that will take effect August 2018.

Here is some background information.

I have been a Permanent Resident since 1977.

I am a school teacher and will be working in China teaching English at an International School. It is an off-shore Canadian School, in operation under the Ministry of Education in British Columbia.

I will be returning to Canada once a year during my 1-3 year working contract. My PR Card expires August 2021.

I will be traveling with my Dutch passport.

Please advise me if there are any matters to be aware of or forms to complete.

Thank you for your time.