Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PR Status and Divorce - Will I Be Deported? 

shah
shah

Posted On: 9/11/2018
shah
shah
Hello.

I have been married to my husband for at least 2.5 years ago.

When he was working in Dubai. He applied for Canada under Express Entry for himself and me as well.

We both have received our PR, and we landed there in May 2018. After living around 2 month in Canada, he moved to Dubai to their employer. And I was there in Canada and I came home country Pakistan in August 2018.

The thing is I have been having some issues with him since April 2018 but problem still exist.

And then he finally Divorced me in my home country. I have my PR with me. I wanted to know that can I go there and live. will he have me deported back?

Or how will it affect my PR status there?

I mean, I have the PR, how will it affect me?
Can I move to another State with same PR or I have to change address.

Please advised and guide in details.

Thanks and best Regards

Shah

link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 9/11/2018
PMM
PMM
[Hiquote=shah]
Hi

Hello.

I have been married to my husband for at least 2.5 years ago.

When he was working in Dubai. He applied for Canada under Express Entry for himself and me as well.

We both have received our PR, and we landed there in May 2018. After living around 2 month in Canada, he moved to Dubai to their employer. And I was there in Canada and I came home country Pakistan in August 2018.

The thing is I have been having some issues with him since April 2018 but problem still exist.

And then he finally Divorced me in my home country. I have my PR with me. I wanted to know that can I go there and live. will he have me deported back?

Or how will it affect my PR status there?

I mean, I have the PR, how will it affect me?
Can I move to another State with same PR or I have to change address.

Please advised and guide in details.

Thanks and best Regards

Shah

1. Yes you can return to Canada, as you were not sponsored but were included as a dependent in your husband's application.
2. You can live wherever you want in Canada.
3. Once you are permanent resident, you don't have to inform Canada Immigration where you are living.

4. You must meet your residency obligations by living in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period.

5. Your ex-husband can't have you deported.
link
shah
shah

Posted On: 9/12/2018
shah
shah
Hi PMM,

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

One thing more I wanted to clarify that should I have to inform that I have been divorced in home country to Canada Immigration authority upon arrival, If yes then what documents they do need to required or I have to produced?

Best Regards,
Shah
link
shah
shah

shah
shah
Hi PMM,

One more question please. My husband insisting to return the PR. Has he authority to get back PR from me. Has he legally authorize to do so ?

your urgent response in details shall be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Shah
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

shah wrote:
Hi PMM,

One more question please. My husband insisting to return the PR. Has he authority to get back PR from me. Has he legally authorize to do so ?

your urgent response in details shall be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Shah

1. No, he has no authority, he is no longer your spouse. Keep your PR card.
2. CIC has no interest that you are now divorced.
link
shah
shah

Posted On: 9/28/2018
shah
shah
Hi PMM,

Have a good day. Would appreciate if you please let me know that I want to take divorced from my husband in Canada. As he has already divorced me in my Home Country. What is the procedure and where I have to lodge complain as he is not physical or mentally fit man. He is totally impotence man.
Your urgent and valuable guidance is requested.

Thanks n Regards
Shah
link