Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Permanent Residency outside of Canada 

Thomas82
Thomas82

Posted On: 1/13/2019
Thomas82
Thomas82
Hello,

I have a question about meeting the requirements for the physical time in Canada. My wife received her PR in 2014 and it is expiring in August of this year. I am unsure if she met the physical time in Canada requirement. We live in China and work at a Canadian international school, I am a citizenship as well as our 2 children. I read that if she is with a spouse who is a citizen she might be able to count our time here working towards her physical presence in Canada time. We are interested in her applying for citizenship, but intend to continue to work at the international school here. Would she be able to become a citizen? We do come to Canada every summer.

Thanks for any help.
link

Posted On: 1/13/2019
Thomas82 wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about meeting the requirements for the physical time in Canada. My wife received her PR in 2014 and it is expiring in August of this year. I am unsure if she met the physical time in Canada requirement. We live in China and work at a Canadian international school, I am a citizenship as well as our 2 children. I read that if she is with a spouse who is a citizen she might be able to count our time here working towards her physical presence in Canada time. We are interested in her applying for citizenship, but intend to continue to work at the international school here. Would she be able to become a citizen? We do come to Canada every summer.

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your question on our forum.

In regards to Residency requirements for permanent residents you might find useful resources in the following article:

What are the residency requirements for permanent residents (PRs)?
https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/permanent-residence/permanent-resident-pr-status/what-are-the-residency-requirements-for-permanent-residents-prs/

We hope that you will find this information useful.

Thank you,
Settlement.Org
link