Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I Sponsor my Parents and be a Co-Sponsor? 

MonaLisa
MonaLisa

Posted On: 1/17/2019
MonaLisa
MonaLisa
Hello,

I would like to sponsor my parents and my husband wants to sponsor his parents, we both need to be co-sponsors for each other because of the income.

The question is,

can I sponsor my parents and be a co-sponsor for my in-laws at the same time?

Same for my husband, can he sponsor his parents and be a co-signer for my parents?

Has any of you had this case?
Thanks in advance!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/18/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

MonaLisa wrote:
Hello,

I would like to sponsor my parents and my husband wants to sponsor his parents, we both need to be co-sponsors for each other because of the income.

The question is,

can I sponsor my parents and be a co-sponsor for my in-laws at the same time?

Same for my husband, can he sponsor his parents and be a co-signer for my parents?

Has any of you had this case?
Thanks in advance!

1. Yes as long as you meet the Low Income Cut Off + 30 % for the number of persons, (if you have no children it would be 6)
2. Note, when the PGP program opens, you will have to submit 2 Expressions of Interest, note the program is first come first serve and opens See: http://tinyurl.com/y7yeygbf
Get ready to submit your 2019 interest to sponsor form The first step to sponsor your parents or grandparents is filling out the interest to sponsor form.
The interest to sponsor form will be available at noon EST on January 28, 2019.
We’ll accept form submissions on a first-in basis. As soon as we get enough submissions, the form will no longer be available.
link
Helenwang
Helenwang

Posted On: 9/8/2020
Helenwang
Helenwang
Hi MonaLisa and PMM,

Thanks for sharing. I am in the same situation. But I wonder should we put 4 parents' name in each of our interest to sponsor form, or should we just put 2 patents in each form?

Thank you in advance!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 9/10/2020
PMM
PMM
HI

Helenwang wrote:
Hi MonaLisa and PMM,

Thanks for sharing. I am in the same situation. But I wonder should we put 4 parents' name in each of our interest to sponsor form, or should we just put 2 patents in each form?

Thank you in advance!

1. Separate form for both sets of parents. That is if and when the Parent/Grandparent stream re-opens and what the new rules will be.
link