Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password
 

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Foreign Degree 

shunnjohn
shunnjohn
Posts: 2


Posted On: 1/27/2019
shunnjohn
shunnjohn
Posts: 2
Hi All,

My spouse has a degree from a Nigerian university. Does that suffice as proof of english for the Canadian citizenship?

Thank You!
link
PMM
PMM
Posts: 522


Posted On: 1/28/2019
PMM
PMM
Posts: 522
Hi


shunnjohn wrote:
Hi All,

My spouse has a degree from a Nigerian university. Does that suffice as proof of english for the Canadian citizenship?


Thank You!


1. No, she would also need a letter from the University that the language of instruction was in English for her course of study.
link
shunnjohn
shunnjohn
Posts: 2


Posted On: 1/28/2019
shunnjohn
shunnjohn
Posts: 2
Thanks @ PMM. I'm assuming also that it may need to be notarized or the letter from the institution on a letterhead suffices?

Thanks!


PMM wrote:
Hi


shunnjohn wrote:
Hi All,

My spouse has a degree from a Nigerian university. Does that suffice as proof of english for the Canadian citizenship?


Thank You!


1. No, she would also need a letter from the University that the language of instruction was in English for her course of study.
link
PMM
PMM
Posts: 522


Posted On: 1/29/2019
PMM
PMM
Posts: 522
Hi


shunnjohn wrote:
Thanks @ PMM. I'm assuming also that it may need to be notarized or the letter from the institution on a letterhead suffices?

Thanks!


PMM wrote:
Hi


shunnjohn wrote:
Hi All,

My spouse has a degree from a Nigerian university. Does that suffice as proof of english for the Canadian citizenship?


Thank You!



1. No, she would also need a letter from the University that the language of instruction was in English for her course of study.


1. No, doesn't have to be notarized, letterhead should be fine.
link
Mala pande
Mala pande
Posts: 1


Posted On: 3/15/2019
Mala pande
Mala pande
Posts: 1
Hi,
I have a degree from university of delhi and also have a letter issued from my college affiliated to university of Delhi stating at the medium of instruction is English. Is it enough as proof for English language requirement for citizenship.
link