Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Foreign Degree 

shunnjohn
shunnjohn

Posted On: 1/27/2019
shunnjohn
shunnjohn
Hi All,

My spouse has a degree from a Nigerian university. Does that suffice as proof of english for the Canadian citizenship?

Thank You!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/28/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

shunnjohn wrote:
Hi All,

My spouse has a degree from a Nigerian university. Does that suffice as proof of english for the Canadian citizenship?

Thank You!

1. No, she would also need a letter from the University that the language of instruction was in English for her course of study.
link
shunnjohn
shunnjohn

Posted On: 1/28/2019
shunnjohn
shunnjohn
Thanks @ PMM. I'm assuming also that it may need to be notarized or the letter from the institution on a letterhead suffices?

Thanks!

PMM wrote:
Hi

shunnjohn wrote:
Hi All,

Thank You!

1. No, she would also need a letter from the University that the language of instruction was in English for her course of study.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/29/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

shunnjohn wrote:
Thanks @ PMM. I'm assuming also that it may need to be notarized or the letter from the institution on a letterhead suffices?

Thanks!

PMM wrote:
Hi

shunnjohn wrote:
Hi All,

Thank You!

1. No, doesn't have to be notarized, letterhead should be fine.
link
Mala pande
Mala pande

Posted On: 3/15/2019
Mala pande
Mala pande
Hi,
I have a degree from university of delhi and also have a letter issued from my college affiliated to university of Delhi stating at the medium of instruction is English. Is it enough as proof for English language requirement for citizenship.
link