Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Re-Submission of Photos for 1st PR card 

LynnHoangPhan
LynnHoangPhan

Posted On: 2/18/2019
LynnHoangPhan
LynnHoangPhan
Hi,

I landed in Canada at the end of October 2018, at which point my PR Card application started being processed. Due to an issue at home in Vietnam, I had to return to Vietnam after 2 weeks of landing. In December 2018, I received an email from IRCC saying that my photos didn't meet the requirements so I need to send another set of photos.

I took the photos again in Vietnam, and made sure to check several times that they met the requirements, and sent them again to the indicated address in the email from IRCC.

Then today (middle of Feb 2019), I received another email from IRCC stating that my photos do not meet the requirements again, without specifying the actual mistakes.

I'm not sure what I have done wrong to fix this time, all measurements were checked several times.

The only thing I could think of was maybe the photo store that these photos were taken at was a local store in Vietnam and they didn't have a commercial stamp, but I wrote by hand the store name, address, phone, email address.

Could this be the problem?

Anyone has experienced this? and how should I proceed?

Thank you very much in advance for your advices.
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 2/19/2019
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

I do not think that a handwritten information on the back of the photo was the issue, as the Permanent Residents Photograph Specifications stated that:

"The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable."
You would probably need to go back and check all specifications (There are many): 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)
In addition to other details.
Good luck.

Lahbib
link