Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Overcoming the Absence of Sponsor 

Ghislain
Ghislain

Posted On: 2/20/2019
Ghislain
Ghislain
Good day.

I currently live in the US and guide a young relative who is fascinated with Canada and Ontario in particular. While the young man has great experiences and education to fulfill most requirements for the Provincial Nomination, we are uncertain on how to handle the absence of any relationships or sponsor in this province he felt in love with.

Can you suggest any ideas to overcome this obstacle? As a single man with no dependent, I doubt his finances are large enough.

Thanks in advance for your inputs and recommendations.
Ghislain
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 2/21/2019
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hi Ghislain,

I hope you are doing great.

I am wondering why you presume that your relative needs a sponsor to migrate to Canada.

Lahbib
link
Ghislain
Ghislain

Posted On: 2/23/2019
Ghislain
Ghislain
Good morning Lahbib. I'm doing great and thanks for asking. How are you keeping?

I confess I am not entirely familiar with the process of immigrating to Ontario. Cedrick, my relative, and I are just getting started. We, I, assumed he would need a sponsor because of the financial liability related to the applicant's responsibility to show proof of sufficient personal funds.
I also anticipated that having a sponsor could help mitigate the financial liability. It is also mentioned that a job offer can help but I doubt there are many employers ready to 'cater' to a distant applicant. But it is an opportunity we are considering.

It may seem I'm asking some legal advice, which may not be appropriate for this forum. I will agree to stop if it is not acceptable.
On the other hand, what would you say Ontario is in term of common language use? Francophone or Anglophone? I hope to read your thoughts.

Happy Weekend.

Ghislain
link