Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card - Courier outside Canada 

Amysaa
Amysaa

Posted On: 4/8/2019
Amysaa
Amysaa
I want to ask if it is illegal to send PR cards by courier?
My PR cards are with my Uncle, and he is not convinced that it is legal.
He advised me to apply for PRTD, which we are planning to do.
We have two questions

1) Is there a way to legally prove to my uncle that it is not illegal to courier my PR cards to me?
2) We landed a few months back and I had to go back to finish my PhD, now my family and me are applying for PRTD document, is there any reason why they could refuse PRTD document?

I would really thank for help regarding this matter. Thanks a lot.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 4/9/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

Amysaa wrote:
I want to ask if it is illegal to send PR cards by courier?
My PR cards are with my Uncle, and he is not convinced that it is legal.
He advised me to apply for PRTD, which we are planning to do.
We have two questions

1) Is there a way to legally prove to my uncle that it is not illegal to courier my PR cards to me?
2) We landed a few months back and I had to go back to finish my PhD, now my family and me are applying for PRTD document, is there any reason why they could refuse PRTD document?

I would really thank for help regarding this matter. Thanks a lot.

1. There is no law in Canada about sending PR cards abroad, it is done all the time.

2. Have you Uncle courier the cards, saves money rather than the time and expense of getting a PRTD.

3. No reason to refuse, unless you received a Criminal conviction since you left Canada.
link
Amysaa
Amysaa

Posted On: 4/10/2019
Amysaa
Amysaa
Yes, but my uncle is asking for some proof. He is expecting something from IRCC, for instanse calling them and asking the agents. Ofcourse IRCC although did not say anywhere(that i could find till date) that it is illegal, still they will never endorse the practice for obvious reasons. I have currently no choice but to apply for prtd.
link