Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Non Resident Canadian Citizen sponsoring spouse PR 

Krish84
Krish84

Posted On: 6/12/2019
Krish84
Krish84
Hi,

1. Can a non-resident Canadian Citizen Sponsor PR to Spouse while both are working and residing in the USA on work permits (H1B)?
2. What are type documents are required for demonstrating intent to move to Canada after PR is approved?
3. What happens if the Sponsor and the spouse fail to move immediately to Canada after the PR is approved due to the job situation? Can the move be delayed for a few years?

Thanks,
Krish.
link
visa_consultants
visa_consultants

Posted On: 6/18/2019
Krish84 wrote:
Hi,

1. Can a non-resident Canadian Citizen Sponsor PR to Spouse while both are working and residing in the USA on work permits (H1B)?
2. What are type documents are required for demonstrating intent to move to Canada after PR is approved?
3. What happens if the Sponsor and the spouse fail to move immediately to Canada after the PR is approved due to the job situation? Can the move be delayed for a few years?

Thanks,
Krish.

1) you may be eligible to sponsor a spouse or a common-law conjugal partner. The person being sponsored must belong to the family class, otherwise not possible.
The process of sponsorship usually takes approximately one year to get approval, depending on the overall workload on the visa & immigration office.
2) I have tried to sum up the required demonstrating intent after Canada PR as per your concern. These are not complete documents but covers the maximum as the list might differ in certain cases.
Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Marriage License/Certificate (required)
Proof of medical exam (required)
Education (diplomas/degrees) (required)
Employment Records 1 (required)
Employment Records 2 (required)
Employment Records 3 (required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Digital photo (required)
Letter of Explanation (optional)
3) You can extend your stay at home country for 8 months I maximum, In case you have some occupational issues or any other that are somewhere resisting you to move to Canada immediately after getting PR.
Any long than this period will cause the cancellation of your PR status.
I would like to suggest you consult overseas consultants for proper guidance.
link
johnyenebere
johnyenebere

Posted On: 6/18/2019
johnyenebere
johnyenebere
Hi Dear
Me and my family that is my wife and kids migrated to Canada in 2002 and were there for about 3 yrs and returned back to India and living in India since then.. Later I became citizen of Canada but still living in India (dual citizenship).

My wife and two daughters about 18 and 20 yrs old all are having Landing papers,SIN numbers and expired PR cards.
Can you please let me know what is procedure get their PR.

Thanks
John
link