Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Renewal 

ZF
ZF

Posted On: 6/16/2019
ZF
ZF
Hello Anna,

Thank you for your valuable inputs and forwarding details with requisite references.

I would like to clarify one point regarding PR renewal.

In my case the PR card is expiring in November 2019 but my eligibility for renewal i.e. 02 years in last 05 years would be completed in April 2020. The question is that i should apply for PR renewal once the requisite time is completed despite the expiry of my PR card ?

Does the expiry of PR card make any issues except for outside country traveling which i am not.
Thanking You and with Best Regards.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 6/19/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

ZF wrote:
Hello Anna,

Thank you for your valuable inputs and forwarding details with requisite references.

I would like to clarify one point regarding PR renewal.

In my case the PR card is expiring in November 2019 but my eligibility for renewal i.e. 02 years in last 05 years would be completed in April 2020. The question is that i should apply for PR renewal once the requisite time is completed despite the expiry of my PR card ?

Does the expiry of PR card make any issues except for outside country traveling which i am not.

Thanking You and with Best Regards.

1. don't apply to renew your PR card until you meet the residency obligations. If you apply too early, there is a good chance that you could be reported for not meeting your Residence Obligations.
link