Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Re-Entry without PR Card 

redbutterfly05
redbutterfly05

Posted On: 29 days ago
redbutterfly05
redbutterfly05
Hello Moderator,

Please help me on this. I have a valid Bridging Open Work Permit and I am waiting for my PR under CEC Express Entry. My 6th month will be on August 2019. I need to travel outside of Canada by last week of September just for 5 days. I just want to ask if in case God's willing I will be granted my PR before I travel and let's say I have not received my PR Card yet. Can I still use my Temporary Resident Visa to re-enter Canada even if PR is approved but have not received the PR card. Or they will cancel my Temporary resident Visa? I can't apply for PRTD in the country Im going because I will only be there for 5 days and it is really important.

Please help.

Thank You
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 28 days ago
PMM
PMM
HI

redbutterfly05 wrote:
Hello Moderator,

Please help me on this. I have a valid Bridging Open Work Permit and I am waiting for my PR under CEC Express Entry. My 6th month will be on August 2019. I need to travel outside of Canada by last week of September just for 5 days. I just want to ask if in case God's willing I will be granted my PR before I travel and let's say I have not received my PR Card yet. Can I still use my Temporary Resident Visa to re-enter Canada even if PR is approved but have not received the PR card. Or they will cancel my Temporary resident Visa? I can't apply for PRTD in the country Im going because I will only be there for 5 days and it is really important.

Please help.

Thank You

1,. No, once you become a PR, your TRV is cancelled.

2. Your best bet is to delay your "landing" go on your trip and "land" on your return. Assuming your COPR is issued then.
link