Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Returning to canada 

weddingwoes
weddingwoes

Posted On: 16 days ago
weddingwoes
weddingwoes
Hello,

I am a permanent resident and I have a 3 year old daughter who is a Canadian citizen. We have to travel in the next 4-5 weeks outside of Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. I read about the PRtravel document and I wanted to know what kind of risk I am taking by relying on getting that travel document in order to enter Canada at the end of our journey and also would you have any idea what the approx processing time is for those documents.

Thank you
link

Posted On: 15 days ago
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum for your question.

In regards to your question, you may find useful information in:

I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?
https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/

Applying for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (IMM 5529)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html#5529E7

We hope that you find this information useful.

Thank you,
Settlement.Org

weddingwoes wrote:
Hello,

I am a permanent resident and I have a 3 year old daughter who is a Canadian citizen. We have to travel in the next 4-5 weeks outside of Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. I read about the PRtravel document and I wanted to know what kind of risk I am taking by relying on getting that travel document in order to enter Canada at the end of our journey and also would you have any idea what the approx processing time is for those documents.

Thank you
link
Doubled
Doubled

Posted On: 12 days ago
Doubled
Doubled
Hello. I have the imm1000 record of landing which i got when i was 9 years old, i am now 30 and planning to go back to canada? Can i go back and apply for the pr?
link
weddingwoes
weddingwoes

Posted On: 10 days ago
weddingwoes
weddingwoes
Hello,

has anyone on this forum used the Permanent Resident Travel Document? If yes, please tell me about your experience.

Thank you
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 9 days ago
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,
Here is the most probable scenario. You would probably return to Canada as a visitor not as a permanent resident or landing immigrant.
The visa officer will determine how you are entering Canada. You would probably be let in as a visitor. However, if you decide to apply for permanent residence card from within Canada , your application would not be accepted as you do not meet the physical presence requirement. There are exceptions to the 730 days physical presence requirements. Immigration officers will let you know their decision.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1466&top=10

Lahbib

Doubled wrote:
Hello. I have the imm1000 record of landing which i got when i was 9 years old, i am now 30 and planning to go back to canada? Can i go back and apply for the pr?
link
weddingwoes
weddingwoes

Posted On: 8 days ago
weddingwoes
weddingwoes
Hello,

My mother lived in Canada for over 10 years, then had to go back to Rwanda because my grandmother was dying and she went for the funeral but her PR card had expired. She left in November of 2015 and I was wondering what she would need to be able to come back to canada
link