Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

How do I find a Job? 

jacob karongo
jacob karongo

Posted On: 11/12/2019
jacob karongo
jacob karongo
  • I am sincerely findind for a job
  • how do i get a job for a security job
link

Posted On: 11/12/2019
Hello,
Thank you for using our forum to share your question.

In regards to your question, you may find useful information in:

Job Listings
https://settlement.org/ontario/employment/find-a-job/job-listings/

We hope that you find this information useful.

Settlement.Org

jacob karongo wrote:
link
Pandith
Pandith

Posted On: 3/9/2020
Pandith
Pandith
jacob karongo wrote:

There are many job search portals abroad which helps to find jobs abroad like indeed Canada, Canada Job Bank, Monster, Career Builder, Job Boom, Linkedin, Glassdoor, Google For Jobs and Many More.
link
PthenT
PthenT

Posted On: 3/18/2020
PthenT
PthenT
I recommend searching for jobs in your area on the internet. Also, keep an eye out in local newpapers or billboards for any news on jobs. In order to practice job assessments if you have any, there are loads of practice places online, such as Graduates First, or maybe some free ones. Always dress smart for an interview, and practice your STAR method.

I hope at least some of this was helpful.

PthenT
link
aiqbal
aiqbal

Posted On: 3/19/2020
aiqbal
aiqbal
Pandith wrote:
jacob karongo wrote:

There are many job search portals abroad which helps to find jobs abroad like indeed Canada, Canada Job Bank, Monster, Career Builder, Job Boom, Linkedin, Glassdoor, Google For Jobs and Many More.

This is very useful - i found a job in the UK with one of these, and without it, i'm sure it would have taken much much longer
link
Ramadevi Nunna
Ramadevi Nunna

Posted On: 8/23/2020
Ramadevi Nunna
Ramadevi Nunna
I am planning to move to Ontario soon and actively looking for a software developer (.Net technologies) position anywhere in Ontario province. Can you please guide be on this.
link

Posted On: 8/31/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Finding work can be challenging, you may want to look through Settlement.Org articles on job listings to help you find work. You may also wish to seek the support of an employment counsellor for help with your cover letter and resume.

A number of settlement services are providing intake appointments online and over the phone to support clients remotely. You may want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section. Settlement agencies can also help you find financial assistance options.

It may help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link
aman121
aman121

Posted On: 4/28/2021
aman121
aman121
To find jobs anywhere, I think LinkedIn helps the most. Also there are many other portals available on Internet.
link

Posted On: 4/30/2021
aman121 wrote:
To find jobs anywhere, I think LinkedIn helps the most. Also there are many other portals available on Internet.

Hi there,

We appreciate you sharing your experience. It will help many other forum users. Folks can find a list of job-listing websites here in the Settlement.Org article: Where can I find job listing websites?

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
Heralalhera54
Heralalhera54

Posted On: 5/11/2021
Heralalhera54
Heralalhera54
How can i get job in Canada from india.
link

Posted On: 5/20/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

You may be interested in submitting job applications for positions in your field virtually. You can find a list of Canadian job-listing websites here in the Settlement.Org article: Where can I find job listing websites?

We hope this information is helpful, and wish you the best of luck on your search.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link