Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Permanent Resident Status 

sasabil
sasabil

Posted On: 12/1/2019
sasabil
sasabil
I currently hold a valid permanent resident (PR) card which will expire in Feb 20, 2020. I live and work outside Canada. Recently I applied to extend my PR but was denied because I failed to comply with the residency obligation under A28. I was informed in a letter that I have lost my Permanent Resident status and are no longer entitled to a Permanent Resident Card.

Question: As my current PR has not expired (Valid until Feb 20, 2020), I want to travel to Canada in December 2019 to start an appeal process. Can I travel to Canada using my current PR card?

Please advice. Thank you,
Samuel
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 12/2/2019
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,
If you were informed by IRCC that you were no longer a permanent resident of Canada, then, you cannot return to Canada using your PR card even if it was not expired.
Your Return to Canada will be as a foreign citizen.
Here is a link where you can find out if you need a visa to enter Canada.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
Thank you.
Lahbib

sasabil wrote:
I currently hold a valid permanent resident (PR) card which will expire in Feb 20, 2020. I live and work outside Canada. Recently I applied to extend my PR but was denied because I failed to comply with the residency obligation under A28. I was informed in a letter that I have lost my Permanent Resident status and are no longer entitled to a Permanent Resident Card.

Question: As my current PR has not expired (Valid until Feb 20, 2020), I want to travel to Canada in December 2019 to start an appeal process. Can I travel to Canada using my current PR card?

Please advice. Thank you,
Samuel
link