Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

GOODS DECLARATION 

syedm_faisal79
syedm_faisal79

Posted On: 12/4/2019
syedm_faisal79
syedm_faisal79
Dear Sir,
Good Day
I first landed in March 2015 along with my family and left after 2 weeks as a permanent resident. At that time we didn't declare any Jewellery and personal stuff however we had the pictures of our jewellery with us.
Last year in 2018 we came here for good permanently however still didn't declare as we are not aware of the process. Now we are residing in Mississauga. Can we declare our Jewellery and other stuff now as still our PR cards are valid
Secondly we are travelling back for a short visit. Can we bring some jewellery with us . Do we need to tell at the customs that we have brought some jewellery

Kindly explain

Thanks

Syed Faisal
link

Posted On: 12/4/2019
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum to share your question.

In regards to your question you may find useful information in:

I am immigrating to Canada. How do I bring my belongings with me?
https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/i-am-immigrating-to-canada-how-do-i-bring-my-belongings-with-me/

We hope that you find this information useful.

Thank you,
Settlement.Org

syedm_faisal79 wrote:
Dear Sir,
Good Day
I first landed in March 2015 along with my family and left after 2 weeks as a permanent resident. At that time we didn't declare any Jewellery and personal stuff however we had the pictures of our jewellery with us.
Last year in 2018 we came here for good permanently however still didn't declare as we are not aware of the process. Now we are residing in Mississauga. Can we declare our Jewellery and other stuff now as still our PR cards are valid
Secondly we are travelling back for a short visit. Can we bring some jewellery with us . Do we need to tell at the customs that we have brought some jewellery

Kindly explain

Thanks

Syed Faisal
link