Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Place to Live

Finding housing, buying a house, landlord/tenant rights.

Looking for Housing in Toronto 

alokpatil123
alokpatil123

Posted On: 2/6/2020
alokpatil123
alokpatil123
Hi folks,

I shall be landing as a new immigrant in Toronto within a week and am looking forward on how can I get an accomodation for a family of 3. For the initial days, I am on Airbnb but need to find an accommodation as soon as possible.

I have explored options in kijiji and a few other websites but am not particularly sure about those.

Any tips, references, possible available accomodation details would be of great help.

Best,
Alok
link

Posted On: 2/21/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information.

It is best that you connect with a settlement service provider for pre-arrival services.

Pre-arrival services are free online or in-person programs for people who have been approved to immigrate to Canada.

Pre-arrival services offer information to better understand life in Canada, how to find a job, and how to access other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada. Some programs offer specific information according to your profession or destination, such as language training and essential skills training in the workplace.

You can find more information and services in Settlement.Org article What are pre-arrival services?

You may also want to use our Services Near Me Tool to find the different Housing Assistance services in Toronto for when you land.

You may also find useful information in our Housing section.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link