Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsor My wife 

OSSSOSSS
OSSSOSSS

Posted On: 2/14/2020
OSSSOSSS
OSSSOSSS
I am male ODSP recipient 5 years ago, I did sponsor my wife and in my application I indicated I am ODSP recipient, my wife granted VISA as Preeminent Residence and Arrived to Canada since 10 July , 2018, we have lovely daughter born 8 August 2019 , now my life and my daughter very very complicated, and I stressed all the time I can not live with my wife anymore , the apartment i live in is rent and I have subside way before I even apply to sponsor my wife only as occupant I feel its impossible to live together any more , and also the Child tax benefit come in my bank account and in my name, and I wanted to separated from wife have my new born daughter custody and have clean separation
My quotations are
1- If we separated is the government could make me responsible for her cost of living even though when I apply to sponsor her I indicated on my application my income from ODSP only
2- I really all I wanted to separated peacefully have the custody of my daughter and I can grant access to my daughter any time my wife wanted to see my daughter?
3- The problem is my wife not agreeable , I could ask her to leave but I do not wanted to do that because I hope every thing to be in peace so I am in catch 22 , however for sure I can not continuing this relation any more

Thank you so much for allowing me to ask my quotations and your advice is gratefully appreciated
Sincerely
OSSSOSSS
link

Posted On: 3/4/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your questions with us. I am sorry to hear you are feeling stressed, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and it is brave of you to reach out for support. We hope to provide you with helpful information and connect you with some community resources you may be looking for.

Thinking of leaving an unhealthy relationship can be difficult and overwhelming. You may want to reach out for community support and mental health services.

If you contact 211 and speak to a Community Resource Navigator, they may be able to refer you to community supports and mental health services near you.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

There are also some resources in the Settlement.Org article, Where can I get help with my mental health?

In terms of your separation, it is best that you seek the advice of a lawyer experienced in family law. You may find these Steps to Justice articles getting legal help in Family Law helpful.

To find community legal clinics in your region, please visit services near me on Settlement.Org.

You may also find these Settlement.Org articles helpful:
How can I get a divorce in Ontario?
What happens to my children if I get divorced?
What are my rights if I get separated or divorced?
What You Should Know About Family Law in Ontario

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

The Settlement.Org Team
link
Elumike
Elumike

Posted On: 10/12/2022
Elumike
Elumike
Hello
First of all, I would like to offer my greetings. Next, I would like to thank you for your information. My case goes like this. I arrived in Canada 30/11/21 and my current status is Permanent Resident My partner and our seven-month-old son are currently living in Sudan. My partner and I do not have a legal marriage document. Please give me detailed information on what I need to do to meet my partner and son and live together here in Canada. Thank you.
link

Posted On: 10/31/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You can find detailed information on how to sponsor a spouse, common-law partner, or child in this Settlement.Org article, but we strongly suggest that you consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer for advice regarding your situation.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
Snowman5
Snowman5

Posted On: 11/16/2022
Snowman5
Snowman5
Hello Members just wanted some insights if you can help last year i‘d applied for a tourist visa for my fiancé who was in india which was then rejected, Now we got married and i have applied for her spouse sponsorship under family class. Her last name has been changed and updated on all important documents like adhaar card and passport before I applied for her PR . In the application form IRCC had asked about if she’d ever been refused for a visa which i mentioned yes to and provided all details including her rejection letter which had her UCI number as well ,now we got an AOR and medical request however both have her old surname which might have been linked with her current application but we have applied with her changed surname this time now i am not sure what went wrong or this can affect the application is it recommended to report this to ircc to have this rectified? If not, can she travel to canada if she gets her PR with old surname?

Any insights will be appreciated.
Thank you!
link