Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PRTD application for daughter 

Atul suthar
Atul suthar

Posted On: 2/21/2020
Atul suthar
Atul suthar
I was in Canada with PR status i was 8 years old in 2009. I spent around 14 months in Canada and then after I left Canada. Now I m going to turn 20 in this October 2020.

My queries are :

1. I want to return back to Canada and continue my studies in a Canadian University in 2020. Can I apply for a PRTD ? since I was a minor when I left Canada. Is there any chance that I get a favourable response for the PRTD?
2. What is the certain age limit as a minor for PRTD application ? Thanks Sara aunty reply to me as soon as possible thank again
link

Posted On: 2/25/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

To be eligible for a PRTD you must meet a certain set of requirements:

• prove who you are;
  • confirm your permanent resident status; and
  • meet the residency obligation of a permanent resident.

If your daughter does not meet this requirement, she may want to contact a Lawyer or a reputable, registered Immigration Consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration issues for some advice and assistance with this process.

She may also wish to contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Call Centre directly to see if they have any information they can provide you.

You can contact them at:

1-888-242-2100 (In Canada Only)

You can also submit an enquiry through their web form.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link