Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLegal Services and Human Rights

Courts, Human Rights, Lawyers and Legal Representation, Community Legal Clinics, Legal Aid, Police...

Separate Role compensation 

vikingxragnar
vikingxragnar

Posted On: 3/6/2020
vikingxragnar
vikingxragnar
Hi all,

My employer has me working a much more intensive role than I have signed my contract for. I've been in the position since July 1st, 2019. I was told it would be a "3 month trial" to see how my progress was in the role assigned to me.

I have not received a review from any management or HR and after asking repeatedly for the past 5 months, I still no answers as to when I will receive a new contract. Even though I'm being assigned the same work as I was for the, "trial", consistently for 8 months. As an employee, what rights (if any) do I have to fight for proper compensation for my role?
link

Posted On: 3/27/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. We empathize with your current situation.

You may find more information on your rights as a worker in Ontario here on Settlement.Org.

Here is an excerpt from the article, What are my rights as a worker in Ontario?:
The ESA has rules that employers have to follow. They tell employers what they can and can't make you do. These include the rules about:
The Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development has information about your rights and responsibilities. You can file a claim with the Ministry if you think your employer did not respect your rights. Find out more about when to file a claim.

You can also contact the Ministry of Labour to make an inquiry regarding your specific situation. We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link